This post explains how easy it is for thyroid patients to find useful information on my website.
There are various ways of searching the site. It is well worth trying them all out, as there is extensive, and very helpful information here.
On the Home Page & Every Page of the Website:
At the top right of every website page, you will see two icons. The first one is a spyglass/magnifying glass and the second is the website navigation icon (3 horizontal lines):
- The spyglass icon provides a general search that you can use to find anything on any page of the website. Just click on it and type a word or a series of words/phrase and the results will appear. You can click into each result and find the information you are looking for.
- The navigation icon (3 horizontal lines) will show you all the pages of the website and allow you to go straight to the page that you are interested in.
Using the Blog Page:
The Blog page of my site can be found in three ways:
- On the Home Page of the website, you can scroll to the bottom under ‘Paul’s Blog’ where the most recent blog article is located and click on ‘All Articles’ to take you to the Blog.
- Alternatively, you can click on the navigation menu icon (the three horizontal lines), at the top right of the Homepage to access the menu of website pages and select Blog.
- Or you can just click on this link and then make it one of your Bookmarks or Favourites in your browser:
Once in the Blog itself you can:
- Just scroll down the posts, and click on the Next page for more. This is obviously slow progress but can be useful to see what information is there, especially for someone exploring the site for the first time.
- Better still might be to use ‘Search by One or More Keywords’. You can type one word, or a series of words, that best fit the information you are looking for, where it says ‘Enter keywords’, then click the search spyglass. This will search all the blog posts and the Success Stories (both titles and content) and then display the results of any posts that match your chosen keywords. I use this type of searching all the time myself when someone asks me for information. It is powerful and effective.
- You can also select a ‘Blog Category’. This will display all the blog posts that had this category. Often the information you are searching for will fit nicely into one of these categories. Again, you will be taken to the blog posts that are in only that category.
- You can also select a ‘Blog Tag’ – there are a lot of these and some are more specific than the ‘Blog Category’. You will be taken immediately to a list of all the blog posts that have this tag.
- For those that want to see a list of all the blog posts and just look through this list, you can go down to the bottom of the main Blog page and click on ‘Show List View’. You will be shown a list of all the blog titles. Each is a hyperlink that you can click on.
Personally, I tend to use ‘Search by one or more keywords’ most often, but I have a rough idea of what I might have called the article or what content I might have written within the post.
Using Success Stories:
As explained above the ‘Search by one or more keywords’ will show both Blog posts and Success Stories that match the keywords.
However, The Success Stories are also searchable within their own page. The options are a lot simpler.
There are several ways to search Success Stories:
- On the Home Page of the website, you can scroll to the very bottom where you will find a rolling list of the start of all the Success Stories. The button ‘More Stories’ will take you to the complete list of Success Stories.
- Alternatively, you can click on the three bars at the top right of the Homepage to access the menu of website pages and select Success Stories.
Once in the Success Stories you can:
- Just scroll down all the Sucess Stories and click on the one that interests you.
- Better still might be to use ‘Select a Treatment’ and select the medication option that you are most interested in: All Treatments, Circadian T3 Method, Natural Desiccated Thyroid, No Thyroid Meds, T3, T4/T3. Clicking on one of these will take you to a list of the Success Stories that are relevant to that medication choice.
Note from any place on the website you can select my icon of yellow, blue and red books which is at the top left and bottom left (in monochrome there) and this will take you straight back to the Homepage (the icon looks a bit like a flower but it represents my three books).
The searching capability on the website is very good. It can save you considerable time when you are looking for information. Just give it a go if you have not already.
(first release June 2020, updated 4th November after Spyglass search added)